DISCLAIMER: This one of many regular updates that ELCMC is providing. This posting exists to make previous updates more easily accessible, so some information provided may now be outdated.
Good Afternoon Everyone!
Today is the day we have been waiting for! ELC Leadership across the state spent the morning finalizing supports for providers to assist you in continuing the INCREDIBLE WORK you have been doing! You can anticipate a follow up letter to arrive via email from the Office of Early Learning within the next few days that provides details around the great informational pieces listed below:
There are A TON of NEW items today:
Based on survey results – ELCMC is hosting a Virtual Provider Meeting on Tuesday, March 25, 2020 at 1:00pm: Click this link to register: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4692345497619482125 (if the link does not work, please copy and paste it into your browser)
- MCPS is conducting a survey for technology availability for students – please share this information with the parents you serve: MCPS Parent Survey – Technology At Home
- Effective Monday, March 24, 2020 – ELCMC will be closed to the public. We will be working via phone and web to continue to serve you.
- If you participate in the USDA Food Program – Please look for an email with guidance for your on-going programs from Ms. Beverly Wilks or your representative.
- As always – send your questions to me directly. 😊
- If you choose to close, please send me the following email (this includes if you are extending your current closure)
- Site Name
- Closure Dates
- Anticipated Reopening Date
- Purpose for Closure
Now for the REALLY COOL STUFF!!!
All of this as well as the new resources for today and updated cancellation list are available in the attachment:
ELCMC Operational Plans as of March 16, 2020: UPDATES! (ALL NEW!)
- As of the release of this notice, ELCMC is CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. Staff will still be working inside the building and will be conducting business by phone and email.
- The Coalition is working with some of our faith-based providers on options for providing childcare for our first responders and medical personnel.
ELC’s/OEL’s Actions to Mitigate Effects of COVID-19: UPDATES! (ALL NEW!)
For Providers who are choosing to remain OPEN:
- Effective March 1, 2020: All SR & VPK Enrollments will be reimbursed for providers who remain OPEN –
- No doctors’ notes are required
- No cap on absences – all children enrolled for VPK and SR services will be PAID!
- ELCMC will be waiving all PARENT CO-PAYS – (we are still awaiting the start date for this – more to come)
- ELCMC will be paying you the entire ELCMC approved Market Rate for each child enrolled in your program based on Provider Type, Child Age, and Child Eligibility (FT/PT)
- You MAY still charge SR parents ONLY your differential rate.
- You MAY NOT charge a parent their Parent Fee + Differential
- Differential Fees are REQUIRED to be listed on your private pay rate sheet uploaded to your Provider Profile.
- You can find the approved Market Rate in your SR Contract located in your Provider Profile.
For Providers who chose to CLOSE:
- There is language coming on reimbursements for you, however more clarification is needed before we can tell you what that is.
- VPK Providers who chose to close, please DO NOT update your VPK Calendar until more guidance is received.
For ALL Providers:
- Effective Immediately – SR Providers no longer need to conduct ASQ Screenings.
- You still have access to the ASQ System if you have a concern about a child’s development and ELCMC Staff are here to support you with Inclusion Services.
- Effective Immediately – VPK Providers do NOT have to complete the VPK Assessment #3.
- ELCMC recommends VPK sites that remain open still conduct the AP3, however, there is no penalty if you do not complete it.
- Effective Immediately – VPK Providers do NOT have to enter AP3 Assessment Data into Bright Beginnings.
****NOTE: All items above are in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic and are not PERMANENT changes to the Early Learning System – End dates will be set forth by assigned officials and will be communicated as appropriate****
Chief Program Officer
2300 SW 17th Rd
Ocala, FL 34471
Telephone: (352) 369-2315 ext. 234 Fax: (352) 369-2308
ELCMC hours of operation are: Monday-Thursday 7:00 AM- 5:00 PM and Friday 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM.