DISCLAIMER: This is one of many regular updates that ELCMC is providing. This posting exists to make previous updates more easily accessible, so some information provided may now be outdated.
Bonuses for Child Care Providers – First Responder Guidance 4-22-20
Happy Friday Everyone!
This was yet another packed week with ELCMC staff enrolling more than 100 first responder families into School Readiness services!
Here is our wrap up update for the week:
ALL ABOUT $$$$
- EXCELLENT NEWS: ELCMC was able to EXTEND our School Readiness Provider Incentive payment of $50/day for providers who remained open was Extended through today! Our CFO, DeAnna Johnson worked hard to ensure payments were deposited for those of you still able to serve Marion County families.
- Additional Financial Incentive for Providers serving First Responders and Essential Medical Personnel – The Office of Early Learning along with local early learning coalitions throughout the state are prioritizing child care for first responders and health care workers. As an incentive for child care providers to remain or to reopen to serve these families, the Office of Early Learning is offering a bonus to these providers. Providers serving First Responder/Essential Medical Personnel children will receive a monthly bonus of $500/ qualifying child with a maximum bonus of $4000 a month for three months! See the attached for details!
- Mini-Grants for Providers – the applications and back up information is now posted to our website: https://www.elc-marion.org/providers/provider-resources/
PLEASE ENSURE YOU SEND YOUR APPLICATIONS AND QUESTION TO: Scott Stevenson at SSTEVENSON@elc-marion.org
PROVIDER MEETING NEXT WEEK:
- Register here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/7769137473169850124
- Agenda – Please let us know if there is anything else you would like us to cover
- April Attendance Submission Process
- Mini-Grant Follow Up
- Bonus Payments for Providers Serving First Responders/Essential Medical Personnel
- Q & A
- ELCMC is thanking our providers for all you do by sending each contracted provider (both School Readiness and VPK) a kit of classroom materials. We are still working out the details – more to come! 😊
- OEL wants to highlight the AMAZING work you are doing! Please send any photos of your staff working with children or doing extra ordinary things to email@example.com. Please make sure to send the photo release and a description so we can share it with OEL and possible use it on our Facebook page and/or other social media.
GREAT ENGAGING SUPPORTS AND CURRENT ARTICLES:
- How to be a Successful Parent, Employee, Teacher, (and Spouse) without going Crazy! Presented by Kevin Eikenberry à https://www.kevineikenberry.com/live/
- New $484B Coronavirus Relief Package à https://thehill.com/homenews/house/494401-house-passes-484b-coronavirus-relief-package
- Let the children play: 4 reasons why play is vital during the coronavirus à https://theconversation.com/let-the-children-play-4-reasons-why-play-is-vital-during-the-coronavirus-135751
- 2 Things we all need à (especially right now!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxQgbHTRbyU&feature=youtu.be
We have providers who would like to open who are looking for good teachers – if you know of anyone, please let us know so we can connect the teachers with potential employers.
Who’s your Best Friend?
Chief Program Officer
2300 SW 17th Rd
Ocala, FL 34471
Telephone: (352) 369-2315 ext. 234 Fax: (352) 369-2308
Email|Web: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.elc-marion.org
ELCMC hours of operation are: Monday-Thursday 7:00 AM- 5:00 PM and Friday 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM.