DISCLAIMER: This one of many regular updates that ELCMC is providing. This posting exists to make previous updates more easily accessible, so some information provided may now be outdated.
Attendance Portion of Portal User Guide
Good Afternoon Providers and Community Partners,
As many of you know, Governor DeSantis issued a state-wide stay-at-home order. Minutes after this information was released, the ELCMC office received numerous calls from child care providers and families asking for assistance in understanding how this will impact them. Below find a link to an article published by Fox News with highlights of the executive order: Florida’s DeSantis issues statewide stay-at-home order to curb coronavirus.
Guidance for Providers:
- Childcare facilities providing services that enable employees exempted in this Order to work as permitted are approved to remain open. To the extent possible, childcare facilities should operate under the
following mandatory conditions:
- Childcare must be carried out in stable groups of 10 or fewer (inclusive of childcare providers for the group).
- Children and child care providers shall not change from one group to another.
- lf more than one group of children is cared for at one facility, each group shall be in a separate room. Groups shall not mix or interact with each other.
See the attached excerpt from Executive Order 2020-91 listing all Essential Services.
What does this mean to you as a Provider?
- You can remain open to serve the families of essential workers and first responders.
- If you choose to remain open, please send an email to the Special Needs Programs at the Marion County Sheriff’s Department, Attention: Robert Sullivan, email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This letter should ask to be added to the essential services list of business remaining open.
- Include the following information:
- Site Name
- Contact Information
- DCF License # or Exemption #
- Purpose for needing to remain open throughout the duration of the stay-at-home order
- OPTIONAL: Write a Notice or Memo on your company letterhead that identifies you and your staff as Essential Personnel and provide all information above that you included in your letter to the Sheriff to identify your team should they be pulled over on the way to or from work. Keep the notice in a sheet protector in the car.
- You can also choose to close your program – If you choose to close, please send me the following information:
- Site Name:
- Closer Dates:
- Anticipated Reopen Date:
- Reason for closing:
Please continue to send questions to me as they arise.
Chief Program Officer
2300 SW 17th Rd
Ocala, FL 34471
Telephone: (352) 369-2315 ext. 234 Fax: (352) 369-2308
Email|Web: email@example.com | www.elc-marion.org
ELCMC hours of operation are: Monday-Thursday 7:00 AM- 5:00 PM and Friday 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM.