The Coalition is mandated by Florida Statute to provide an integrated and seamless system of school readiness services with a developmentally appropriate education component for the state's eligible birth-to-kindergarten population. This effort focuses on an enhanced, coordinated county-wide system of high quality affordable and accessible early education and childcare that optimizes children's readiness to learn and succeed upon entering school.
Our 23-member board is comprised of mandated community representatives and appointed members from the private and public sector. Additionally, community representatives are encouraged to be a part of appropriate Coalition committees.
The Coalition's mission statement emphasizes community through our efforts "to provide leadership and foster partnerships to optimize a quality early learning environment for our children."
ELCMC, Executive Director, Roseann Fricks, distributes books to children at Fessenden Elementary as part of the Ocala Kiwanis Reading is Fundamental program.
The Coalition staff actively participates in community meetings, events and serves on boards. Through this involvement, collaborative partnerships continue to enhance our community awareness and expand our reach to our target audiences.
Staff Community Involvement
- Altrusa International Inc. of Ocala
- Association of Early Learning Coalitions
- Head Start/Early Head Start
College of Central Florida
- Early Childhood Conference Committee
- Healthy Families Advisory Board
- Healthy Start Board
- Healthy Start Local Coalition
- Marion County PreKindergarten Interagency Council
- Marion County Homeless Council Board
Marion County Children’s Alliance
- Autism and Other Disabilities Workgroup
- Childhood Nutrition Workgroup
- Community Breakfast Committee
- Safe Kids Coalition
- Marion County Public Schools
- Ocala Human Resources Management Association
Ocala Kiwanis Club
- Young Children Priority One Committee
- Ocala Women’s Network
- United Way of Marion County