The Coalition is mandated by Florida Statute to provide an integrated and seamless system of school readiness services with a developmentally appropriate education component for the state's eligible birth-to-kindergarten population. This effort focuses on an enhanced, coordinated county-wide system of high quality affordable and accessible early education and childcare that optimizes children's readiness to learn and succeed upon entering school.
Our 22-member board is comprised of mandated community representatives and appointed members from the private and public sector. Additionally, community representatives are encouraged to be a part of appropriate Coalition committees.
The Coalition's mission statement emphasizes community through our efforts "to provide leadership and foster partnerships to optimize a quality early learning environment for our children."
The Coalition staff actively participates in community meetings, events and serves on boards. Through this involvement, collaborative partnerships continue to enhance our community awareness and expand our reach to our target audiences.
Staff Community Involvement
- Association of Early Learning Coalitions
College of Central Florida
- Early Childhood Conference Committee
- Healthy Families Advisory Board
- Healthy Start Local Coalition
- Marion County PreKindergarten Interagency Council
- Marion County Homeless Council Board
Marion County Children’s Alliance
- Community Breakfast Committee
- Safe Kids Coalition
- Marion County Public Schools
- Ocala Human Resources Management Association
Ocala Kiwanis Club
- Young Children Priority One Committee
- Ocala Women’s Network
- United Way of Marion County